Natural stone wall cladding is often assumed to be limited to cladding walls. While they add aesthetic value to the outdoor space, they are more than just décor items.
What is external wall cladding?
The term “cladding” comes from the process of layering. A cover or protective layer is created over an underlying structure and is termed external wall cladding. Cladding for exterior walls comes in various materials, including vinyl, wood, brick, and steel. Yet, stone cladding remains the most economical and eco-friendly material to date.
Benefits of exterior stone wall cladding?
We have spoken about the advantages of natural stone wall cladding in detail before. To save your time, let us summarize them again for your benefit (because we love wall claddings and cannot stop gushing over their beauty):
- They add to the mechanical strength of the underlying structure or building. With immense load-bearing capacity, they form a protective layer over the structure they are built on.
- Among the most important benefits of external wall claddings is they dramatically reduce water absorption. This proves to be beneficial in rainy places or wet areas. The damage to the walls or buildings by water gets cut by many folds.
- As an extension of the above-mentioned reasons, exterior wall cladding also reduces the effect of weather extremities like pollution, heat, or cold waves. This helps save power.
- Wall cladding also offers sound insulation, by creating a shielding layer between the structure and the cladding. This creates peaceful and noise-free home interiors.
- Exterior wall cladding reduce the maintenance requirements of buildings. Additionally, they are very easy to clean and maintain. We don’t see any reason for you to say no to wall claddings.
Exterior Wall Cladding ideas that you can implement beyond just wall panels
Stonewall cladding is not just limited to exterior wall structures. The versatile product can be used across several applications, giving the space a makeover. Here are some of the trending exterior wall cladding ideas for starters:
Extend the wall panels for a dramatic look
Exterior wall claddings that extend from the floor to the ceiling are a great way to add depth and drama to your space. If your floors can look dramatic and stand out with Crazy paves or multi-coloured tiles, why not your wall panels? The walls of your balcony or patio would stand out beautifully and make a statement. The extended wall panels are beneficial to create a separation in large façades or studio apartments.
Cladding for shelving backdrop
The millennial homes prefer heritage looks that add warmth and a rustic feel. For balconies, gardens, or terrace gardens, external wall cladding can be conveniently used as a backdrop for shelves. Inbuilt shelves are an option available for those who want to experiment with vintage backdrops. You can also install shelves on the wall claddings that would neatly cover the plain wall underneath. These wall shelves serve multiple purposes from barbeque kitchen storage and displaying planters to holding supplies for the garden.
Redefine structural elements
External wall claddings can effectively be used to renew the look of structural elements in your house. For example, support beams, pillars, water pipelines, wall cavities, and power switch cabinets are essential parts of the household structure, but they sometimes look untidy or awkward. They can be elevated with wall clads. Stone Cladding will improve their look and make them appear like statement features.
Add height to your space
Have you heard of the Victorian era’s picture railing technique? In this process, they used a panel or surface on the wall to hang pictures without the need of drilling holes in the walls. Open galleries or partially covered patios can use this method. Just use your wall cladding to stop at the picture rail height and paint the remaining area above the rail panel to match the ceiling colour. This will add an illusion of height and make your space appear bigger.
Exterior wall claddings with natural stones have great potential, yet to be explored. They are so much more than just statement walls. With these ideas, you can unlock endless possibilities to transform your home into a dream place. Choose from a wide range of natural stone walling and redefine your space your way.
*Disclaimer: All information and advice given above in the blog are to the best of our knowledge. Please reconfirm at your end before execution.